Product Design and Concept Testing
When designing and launching a new product, customer feedback is crucial. Concept testing gets buyer input in the early stages of project design before expensive production costs are incurred. This research method allows companies to make smart decisions about product packages that will most resonate with the customer and yield the highest revenue potential.
- Which product idea has the most appeal to members of our target audience?
- How well does our product or service match our customers’ needs or wants?
- Which improvements should we make before we go into production?
- Which combination of features will give us the most market share?
- What are the product’s most important features?
- Can we lower expenses by removing less desirable features?
How do product design/concept testing research benefit my company?
At MDRG, we use sophisticated analytical tools, such as discrete choice analysis, to understand your prospective customers’ needs and wants and determine which product features are most essential. We also conduct qualitative usability studies that allow consumers to test products. This research provides in-depth insight into their impressions of the product and interaction in a natural setting.
Product design/concept testing research will provide insights to:
- Explore the appeal and usefulness of products among various groups of consumers
- Determine tradeoffs consumers are willing to make between cost and various product features
- Discover which product features generate the highest consumer purchase intent
- Improve product design or packaging
- Gain insight into product usability for future product development
- Explore how consumers use products (e.g. frequency, events and comfort level with product)