Today’s consumers possess a range of attitudes, motivations and values. How can a company be sure it is reaching the right people with the right message? Segmentation research helps a company to narrow down its marketing focus by identifying groups of consumers who are most likely to purchase their products or services.
- Who are our customers or potential customers?
- Which market segments have needs and preferences that most align with our capabilities?
- What are the characteristics of consumers in each segment?
- Who are my high-profitability consumers and how do I reach them?
How does segmentation research benefit my company?
MDRG defines segment groups and identifies key attitudes that drive perceptions and decisions in your product category. Our team then devises a strategic plan of how your company can effectively reach your most profitable consumer groups.
Segmentation research will provide insights to:
- Identify unique segments of consumers based on needs, attitudes and behaviors
- Profile actual and potential customers
- Analyze the capabilities of competitors in the market
- Select attractive customer segments
- Guide product development to customize service offerings to accommodate needs of target segments